Restricted Climber (Refresher)
Restricted Climber (Refresher) RSS09
Course introduction A 1 day course (9am - 5pm) aimed at refreshing and recertifying the valid climber in possible new updates and techniques and to fulfil the WAH regs remits for continuous training.
The course practical sessions are delivered on an outdoor training structure. So students are advised to bring with them appropriate clothing for the prevailing weather conditions.
- Industry standards
- Working At Heights Legislation
- Categories of Heights
- Hierarchy of Measures
- Company policies and procedures
- Personal preparedness
- Hazard recognition/mitigation
- Exclusion zones and fall hazards
- Safety plans
- Work Restraint / Fall protection
- Equipment use, inspection, and maintenance
- Anchor selection and application
- Energy absorbers and lanyards
- Self retracting lifelines
- Vertical lifelines and fall arrestors
- Ladder climbing systems
- Horizontal lifelines
- Knots, bends, hitches, Ropes
- Climbing plan/pre climb checklist
- Climbing, descending, and manoeuvring techniques
- Ascent and descent control
- Work simulation at height
Certificate Validation This course has a 3 year validation.This course is a Non Arqiva, MATS and EUSR accredited course.
Prerequisites Minimum age 18 and students must have an understanding of English. A fit for work declaration will need to be completed before start of course.
Assessment procedure Ongoing practical assessment throughout the course and a questions and answers paper on completion of the course to gauge your understanding of the course content. Assistance will be given for those who may need it.