Radio Structures - TRS Safety Training have stopped all manufacturing, rigging and training operations due to the worldwide pandemic until further notice.
The wellbeing of our customers, staff and their families remains of paramount importance to us.
We will continue with remote support staff should you wish to contact us. We will be reviewing this reduction in operations on a daily basis.
Thank your for understanding. Stay Safe!
From all the team at TRS
~~MATS Group Statement on Covid-19
In light of the current situation around Coronavirus and the fact the UK Government have now announced that they are closing all schools and colleges, the MATS group are reviewing options to help support our industry maintain infrastructure and service.
In order to work at height on the networks, a worker is currently required to have the following in date training courses as a minimum: -
• Riggers medical
• Climber training
• Rescue training
• Emergency 1st aid
• Flat roof / Rooftop Access
Where training is still available and accessible, it should still be scheduled and attended. However, where this is not possible due to company policies or unavailability of training, MATS members have agreed the following:-
• A 3 month extension to the above training / access requirements (except RF) only if it expires during the lockdown period * and training is not available (to be continually reviewed as the situation continues to develop)
• RF training must be undertaken (refresher only) via online methods. Approved RF course providers who may offer an on line option can be found here - https://www.arqiva.com/documentation/gateway-documents/Accepted_Training_Providers_December_2019.pdf.
• Anyone who hasn’t completed the training previously cannot start to undertake tasks under this supportive measure as no prior training has been completed.
• Anyone who’s medical expires must complete the MATS medical questionnaire in GN-0005 – Medical requirements for climbing masts and towers (http://matsgroup.info/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Guidance_Note_005-Medical_Requirements_for_Climbing_Masts_and_Towers-Issue_3_November_2016.doc) in order to grant the 3 month extension to medicals. If possible, a telephone consultation should take place with a medical professional if services are still available.
• The MATS group will continue to monitor the impacts of the pandemic risks and determine any continuation of the extension period and the impact on training providers as the recovery to normal operations begins.
• Recovery of the training would look to re-certification to take the form of refresher training rather than full courses at this time.
* Lockdown period is taken as the announcement from the UK Government to close all schools and colleges
Should this situation be prolonged beyond 3 months, MATS Group will look for solutions for people to complete refresh training, working with the MATS approved training providers as well as further discussions with medical providers.
Further information will be posted as the situation develops
Chairman – MATS Group
Sent on behalf of the MATS Group
Welcome to TRS Safety Training. With an extensive knowledge of the industry, we have developed a purpose built training facility at our Northampton premises.
Our highly trained Instructors and Trainers are qualified to deliver either Arqiva Acredited courses or bespoke courses to suit your needs.
Our courses include MATS / EUSR Initial and Basic Climber, Tower and Structural Rescue, RF Awareness, Rope Access, First Aid at Work, Working at Heights, Rigging Techniques for the Telecoms Industry and many more.
For further information please email via contact form or call 01604 790005 to speak with our knowledgeable and friendly team