Safe Use of Steps of Ladders
Safe Use of Steps of Ladders RSS27
A half day course (either 9am - 1pm or 1:30pm - 5pm) aimed at workers that need training in the safe use of ladders whilst working on sites. Covers legislation, Inspection and maintenance, correct selection and installation of ladders.
- Working at heights Regulations - legislation
- Provision and use of Work Equipment Regs
- Industry standards
- Company policies and procedures
- Types of ladders and steps
- Identification of British standard ladders
- Inspection of steps and ladders
- Periodic Inspections and Certifications
- Personal preparedness
- Hazard recognition/mitigation
- Exclusion zones
- Safety plans
- Selection of Working at Heights PPE
- Equipment use, inspection, and maintenance
- Temporary vertical lifelines and fall arrestors
- Ladder restraint systems
- Climbing, descending techniques
- Work simulation at height
- Storage and Care
- Methods of carrying and transportation
This course is valid for 3 years. Minimum age 18 and students must have an understanding of English. A fit for work declaration will need to be completed before start of course.
There are no prerequisites for attending this course. Candidates need to be beware they will be asked to carry out tasks at height and use manual handling techniques to carry out these tasks. Anyone with a fear of heights or with a back injury is advised not to attend.
The course will include a practical and simple written assessment on complete of the knowledge and skill acquisition stage.